Before you Close a Chase Account
The closing process is very simple, but before closing a Chase account, you need to create a small checklist.
1. Open a New Account and Prepare for Backup
Before closing your account, you need to open another account and transfer funds to it. If you want to open a new account outside of Chase, do so before starting the closing process.
2. Zero Balance
The next step is to empty your account balance. As mentioned earlier, it is best to transfer the balance to another account. Using a bank account is always a better option than carrying cash.
3. Check Draft Subscriptions and Automatic Deposits
Check your account statement to make sure that automatic transfers such as electricity bills and car bills are transferred to other accounts. Double-check all subscription services like Netflix and Hulu to see if your account is still linked to Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Also, be sure to share your new account information with business owners or customers to make sure your deposits are properly tracked. It is very convenient to open a new account here.
4. Negative Balance and expenses
If your account balance is negative or there are outstanding balances or unpaid bank charges before closing the account. This is because the outstanding balance affects the credit score of major credit bureaus.
How to Close a Chase Account
Steps to Close the Chase account
There are two ways to close a Chase account. Depending on your preferences and abilities, you can:
1. Go to the nearest Chase Bank
The most common way to close a Chase Account is to go to the nearest Chase Bank institution. You are required to show your ID when talking to bank staff, so please do not provide your ID, social security number, pin code, address information, etc. verify.
Most people prefer this option as it is the fastest. If you leave the bank, you lose your client account. However, if there is no physical branch nearby, this can be very troublesome, in which case you can choose one of the methods below.
2. By Online Close a Bank Account
This is the easiest way to close a Chase Bank account. If you want to close your Chase Bank account, follow these steps:
1. Go to the official Chase Bank website and log in with your username and password.
2. Locate and click the Secure Message Center option. You will see two options. Message box and message options
3. Click on Send Message to compose an email where you want to close your bank account. A Chase Bank representative will contact you within 1-2 days and ask you to provide your bank account information. If you enter the correct information, your ChaseBank account will be closed within 24 hours.
3. Give Them a Call
If you would like to resolve this issue over the phone, call 1-800-935-9935. Make sure you have all account details at hand. When you call a bank employee or bank representative, let them know that you want to close your account. They ask you and your account information. If you have the right to inform them, your tracking account will be closed within 24 hours.
4. Send By Email to Close a Chase Account.
If you do not have access to a Chase Bank branch, please select this option. You must perform the following steps:
1. Go to the official Chase Bank portal and download the Chase Bank Account Closing Form.
2. Fill in the blanks in the downloaded form and explain the reason for closing the Chase Bank account.
Add your signature to the form and send it to your Chase Bank address. You can find your bank’s official address on the bank’s website.
5. Close a Chase Account By Phone.
This is the easiest way to close a Chase account. To close your Chase Bank account by phone, follow these steps.
1. Go to the Chase Bank website and click the menu on the left side of the page.
2. Scroll down and click until you find it. “Customer service”
3. You will be prompted to select your account type. Click on your personal bank account.
4. A page will open. Scroll down and click on the ChaseBank support number that says “Contact Us” on the screen. If you cannot find the number, contact Chase Bank. Please inform your Chase Bank representative that you will close your Chase Bank account. I have a question. Accounts that answer all the questions correctly will be closed in a few days.