If Apple Pay Not Working on your iPhone, make sure it’s compatible with Apple Pay. Try manually selecting your credit card from the wallet app. Another tip is to change your credit card. Log in to your Apple ID with the wallet app and log back in.
Fixed an issue where Apple Pay Not Working on the iPhone
Here are 12 things to try if Apple Pay doesn’t work on your iPhone. List the simplest first and last. The most complicated or time-consuming steps are:
1. Make sure your POS device is compatible with Apple Pay.
Let’s start with the simple things. We live in the 21st century, but there are some point-of-sale machines that don’t work with communication payment systems such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
If you put your iPhone in the station and nothing happens, ask the person behind the counter if they support Apple Pay. Not only are they asking if it works with Apple Pay, but it’s also a great place to store their phones and other peripherals. Get better results
Related Also Read: How Does Apple Pay Work
2. Try selecting the paper manually.
If Apple Pay and your device are working properly, the Apple Pay wallet will launch automatically and the default card will be selected when you bring your smartphone closer to your payment device. But if that doesn’t work, you may need a little help-manually select your credit card and try your device again:
1. Open the wallet app on your iPhone.
2. Click the card you want to use for your purchase
Before setting up your phone at Dave Johnson Station, try setting up your credit card manually.
3. Bring the phone closer to the POS.
4. If successful, you can continue as usual.
3. Check the iPhone battery
Another reason Apple Pay doesn’t work properly is battery drain. 8 Normally, if this happens, the iPhone will go into low power mode with a 10-20% charge. Some features are disabled on your device. Make sure you have enough battery power before purchasing with Apple Pay, as some apps (such as Apple Pay) will not work to save battery power.
4. Select your payment card.
Normally, Apple Pay will automatically detect your virtual card when it detects that you’re making a contactless payment, but it may not work. The card reader does not recognize the card In this case, try selecting the payment card manually Follow the tutorial:
1. Sign in to the wallet app on your iOS device.
2. Find the card you want to use. Then click on it
3. Remove the iPhone from the POS terminal Make sure the top of the phone is within the detection range of the contactless card reader
4. Authenticate the transaction using Face ID or Touch ID. A checkmark and “Done” appear on the screen to indicate that the payment has been completed.
5. Restart your iPhone.
If you still can’t use Apple Pay, try restarting your iPhone. Resets the phone’s memory and clears the temporary cache. You can fix problems with Apple Pay and other system software. If you’re not in a hurry (this can take a few minutes), take it offline. Restart your phone. And when the phone works again, try again.
Related Also Read: Does Home Depot Take Apple Pay
Change your Credit Card to Apple Pay
In the future, possible solutions will be tedious and time-consuming. So, if you have no other choice and don’t want the support of Apple Customer Support, give it a try.
The easiest of these complex solutions is to remove and replace the card from your Apple Wallet. This will solve your problem, especially if your wallet has multiple credit cards. However, the card cannot be used. When you remove and replace the card in question, you can resolve issues with how the card is stored or accessed.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap Wallet and Apple Pay
3. In the Payment Card section, click Disable Card. Then click Remove This Card. You need to check this option.
4. Restart your phone.
5. Go back to the Wallet and Apple Pay section of Settings.
6. Click Add Card in the Payment Cards section.
7. Follow the instructions to add the same card again.
Sign Out and Go Back to Your Apple ID.
There might be a problem signing in to your Apple account, so you can also restart your iPhone or change your credit card to sign out of your Apple ID and sign in again.
1. Before you begin, make sure you know and need your Apple ID.
2. Open the Settings app.
3. Click on your name at the top of the page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Exit”. Make sure you want it
5. Reboot your phone.
6. Go back to the Settings app and sign in again with your Apple ID.
Check if Apple Pay is Offline
The reason Apple Pay isn’t working may be related to your device or app. The service may be offline because the server that uses Apple Pay is down. It’s rare, but Apple Pay has a very long lifespan. However, it is important to try the previous method to ensure that the service is still down.
To check if your Apple Pay server is down, go to Apple’s System Status page and look for “Apple Pay & Wallet” in the list. A non-green Apple Pay server is down. That is if you are at the counter. Instead, you must pay with the same cash or card. If you are already at the cash register, you will need to use cash or a card.
Related Also Read: How to Accept Apple Pay For Small Businesses
Restart the Apple Pay App.
This is because there may be software bugs that interfere with the program. If this is really a crime, first close the app and restart it. Next, you need to complete a new transaction with Apple Pay.
The way you complete the application depends on whether your smartphone uses Touch ID or Face ID. If you’re using a phone with Face ID (iPhone X or later), follow these steps to turn it off. From Apple Pay
1. Drag and hold your finger from the bottom of the screen to the center. When it appears on the screen, release the last application you used.
2. Swipe left or right on an open app to find Apple Pay.
3. Turn your Apple Pay card on and off when detected.
Check if you need to update iOS.
Apple Pay may not work due to an outdated operating system. In such cases, you can check for updates by following these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone 7.
2. Find and tap General Settings.
3. From here, go to the Software Update menu. If you see a red dot next to Software Update, you usually know that your phone has an iOS update. Click to see what version of iOS your device is running and if it’s there. Is there an update
4. After confirming that you want to update your phone’s iOS version, tap Install and enter your password to update immediately. Make sure your phone is turned on and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
You can set your phone to automatically install updates. Do the following:
1. In the program, go to the tool configuration interface.
2. Find and tap General.
3. Enter the software update menu.
4. Select the “Automatic update” option
5. Click Download iOS Update and Install iOS Update.
6. Later, when your iPhone is updated, your iPhone will be automatically downloaded and installed. These updates will be installed overnight over the Internet via Wi-Fi while the device is charging.
Related Also Read: How to Transfer Money From Apple Pay to Bank
Reset iPhone Settings
If you still can’t get Apple Pay, try resetting all settings. Inconsistent iOS 14 settings can cause conflicts on your device. solve this problem:
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Scroll and click General.
3. Click Transfer or Restore iPhone.
4. Click Reset.
5. Then select Reset All Settings.
6. To reset the settings You will need to enter the password to confirm the action.
If your device does not restart automatically after following these steps, it is recommended that you reset the device. Then check if the problem is solved. If not, go to the next step.
Reset your Phone to Factory Settings.
You can also reset your smartphone. However, all personal data and settings will be deleted. And this should only be done as a last resort, so back up your data before performing the steps below.
1. Tap the Settings app to reset your iPhone.
2. Click General.
3. Click Clear All Content and Settings.
4. You will need to enter your Apple ID password to confirm your decision.
After resetting your iPhone, you need to set up your Apple ID and Apple Pay again.
Contact Apple Customer Service.
If no solution is listed here, there may be a hardware problem such as a faulty NFC chip that is causing Apple Pay to stop working. In this case, the problem has gotten out of control. And you need to ask Apple Support for help.
First, go to Apple’s support page to explain what you need to do with Apple Pay. You can also call (800) APL-CARE (800-275-2273) to speak to Apple Support.
Which Devices support Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is compatible with the following Apple devices:
1. iPhone with Face ID (iPhone X or later)
2. iPhone with Touch ID (except iPhone 5s)
3. iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro models with Touch ID or Face ID.
4. Apple Watch Series 1 or later
5. Mac with Touch ID
6. Macs 2012 and later have an iPhone or Apple Watch that supports Apple Pay.
7. A Mac with Apple Silicon paired with Magic Keyboard with Touch ID.
Does Apple Pay Work with Online Purchases?
Apple Pay is available for online and in-app purchases.
Related Also Read: Is Apple Pay Safe
Overall, if Apple Pay isn’t working, one of these solutions should fix it.
However, be aware that this problem is usually caused by a phone case or the Apple Pay app crashing. You can solve these problems by removing the case and restarting the phone.
If the above method doesn’t work, contact Apple Customer Support or visit the Apple Store.
If you have any suggestions or questions, comment below.