If you want to learn how to use Apple Pay at gas stations, this guide will walk you through the steps and provide useful information about gas stations that work from Apple Pay.
And Apple Pay helps you achieve that by speeding up the process of paying gas bills; This not only saves time but also works when you are stuck.
First, Apple Pay is approved at all major gas stations, including Shell, Costco, Chevron, Exxon, Vava, Arco, and more.
Apple Pay works on NFC technology. That’s why every gas station that receives Apple Pay has a “pay the most” sign on the fuel pump (Apple Pay logo or NFC WiFi logo).
But you can choose a gas pump that does not offer the Apple Pay option and works better with local pump owners than the company.
Which Gas Station Supports Apple Pay?
The following is a list of different gas stations that accept Apple Pay. We also indicate whether the payment method is selected at a gas station.
- 1. 7-Eleven: all locations.
- BP/ Amoco: You need to use the BPme app.
- ARCO. Link your debit card to your mobile wallet to make a payment.
- Conoco: Available at specific locations.
- Circle K: Available at specific locations.
- Citgo: Available at specific locations.
- Exxon Mobil: At most locations.
- Cumberland Farms: Takes At all locations.
- Delta Sonic: Takes at specific locations.
- KwikTrip: At specific locations.
- Kum & Go: Pay using the iPhone app.
- Sheetz: Accepts at specific locations.
- Meijer: available at specific locations.
- Phillips 66: Available at specific locations.
- QuikTrip: Available at specific locations.
- RaceTrac: Accepts at all locations.
- RaceWay: Accepts at all locations.
- Red Apple
- Speedway: Accepts at all locations.
- Shell: Accepts specific (most) locations.
- Valero: Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Sunoco: Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
- Valero: available at specific locations.
How to Pay Use Apple Pay at Gas Station
At the gas station, you can turn on Apple Pay and Apple Wallet automatically by holding your iPhone over a marked NFC reader, authenticating with Touch ID or Face ID, and following the on-screen instructions to complete the payment.
Alternatively, you can download the relevant gas station app (if supported) to complete your in-app payment and add Apple Pay as your payment method.
Let’s take a look at the detailed steps to do this.
How to Use Apple Pay at Gas Station [Step]
There are methods to Use Apple Pay at Gas Station in an easy way.
Use NFC reader with Gas pump
- Align the car with the fuel pump.
- Look for the Apple Pay logo or NFC logo (WiFi logo-usually with a white stripe on a black background) at the gas station. This means you can pay with Apple Pay.
- Bring your iPhone closer to the NFC code and the Apple Pay app will launch automatically on your iPhone.
- Depending on your iPhone, you can use Touch ID, Face ID, or a passcode for authentication to enable the pump.
- Follow the instructions on the pump screen to continue filling when requested.
The Exxon app and the BP app are a combination of apps that can use Apple Pay. You can use the Exxon app to scan the QR code of your pump.
How to Use Apple Pay at Gas Station an Exxon Gas Station
- Download the ExxonMobil app and link to Apple Pay as a payment method Step-After downloading the ExxonMobil app, click Account and go to Options. Select Payment Method, select Add New Payment Method, then select Apple Pay.
- Make sure you have set Apple Card as the default card for Apple Pay in the Wallet app.
- Make your location accessible while using the app.
- Near the gas station, select Pay Now from the app’s drop-down menu.
- Select the number of pumps you are using. Next, you need to give permission
In that case, the card will be charged automatically.
How Do I Pay for Gas With Apple Pay?
You can pay with Apple Pay using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. This is safe because you don’t have to share your bank account or credit card details with the seller. A unique transaction ID will be replaced with the credit card number for each payment.
Here’s how to use Apple Pay at Gas Station:
- Check the contactless payment code at the station.
- Go to Apple Wallet on your device
- Press the side button twice.
- Confirmation is required. If your smartphone has a Face ID, double-tap the side button. Then authenticate using your face or passcode. If your smartphone has a Touch ID, place your finger on the ID sensor.
- Place the device on top of the icon.
- The payment will be processed.
How to Find a Gas Station Near You
You can use your mobile phone to find a gas station using Apple Pay by following these steps:
- Go to the map
- Enter the nearest gas station in the search bar
- A list of gas stations will be displayed. Select the desired station.
- Tap and know You’ll be notified if Apple Pay has been approved at the station
Why doesn’t it work at Apple Pay Gas Stations?
First, you need to make sure that your existing gas station is receiving Apple Pay. If yes, make sure your mobile phone is properly connected to your payment device. A valid debit or credit card for the wallet app. Finally, make sure the app is closed for some reason.
How to Use Apple Pay at Gas Station at a Shell Gas Station
Shell Pay at Pump is a mobile fuel payment feature built into the Shell app. This allows you to quickly remove fuel from your vehicle using your mobile phone without the need for a gas station reader. Available on most shell stations. To pay at a gas station using Apple Pay with the Shell app, follow these steps:
- Download the Shell app and add “Apple Pay” as your payment method.
- Place the pump and car on the other side of the gas station, open the arm app and check the pump number.
- Select “Apple Pay” fast fuel mode without lining up in the store.
- Wait for the “Refueling Start” message to appear.
- When the refueling process is complete, you will be automatically charged for the payment method you choose.
How to use Apple Pay at a Chevron gas station
You can use Apple Pay as usual by holding your iPhone or Apple Watch next to the Apple Pay logo or NFC tag at the gas station, opening the Apple Pay app, authenticating with Touch ID or Face ID, and following the gas station help screen.
Chevron has its own app. Unfortunately, you can’t add Apple Pay as a payment method.
How to Use Apple Pay at BP Gas Stations
You can use Apple Pay at BP gas stations using their app. Download the BP me Rewards Gas app on your iPhone, open the Gas app and add “Apple Pay” as your payment method. Upon arrival at the gas station, participants can check in at the gas station’s BP or Amoco application. Choose a gas station to make your car comfortable.
Please note that some gas stations require you to pay with a debit card when using Apple Pay. For example, most ARCO gas stations accept Apple Pay only if you are using a debit card.